Is this a good knowledge question for my TOK presentation?

YukiNatsu

Hello guys,

So my partner and I are doing our presentation under the Arts, and our RLS is about 2 different experts review the same movie, but give out different opinions. (Citizen Kane) and our Knowledge question is to what extent is an experts judgement objective? Do you think this is ok? Because we want to do something about objectivity vs subjectivity and the popularity of movies affecting the opinions of people.

Well, you're talking about perception... which is an interesting choice! But I recommend you include some TOK-ish words in your KQ like one area of knowledge or ways of knowing. For example, mine was something like "How our ethical values influence our decisions and the impact these have on others?".

I'm including ETHICS and, also (indirectly), perception!! Btw, I took TOK in Spanish, I hope the translation of those TOK concepts (and my English in general) are understandable hehe. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, my partner is asking if this is valid: How do the judgements from experts influence our opinions? I don't know if i should include subjectivity and objectivity

16 minutes ago, AndreaM said:

Well, you're talking about perception... which is an interesting choice! But I recommend you include some TOK-ish words in your KQ like one area of knowledge or ways of knowing. For example, mine was something like "How our ethical values influence our decisions and the impact these have on others?".

I'm including ETHICS and, also (indirectly), perception!! Btw, I took TOK in Spanish, I hope the translation of those TOK concepts (and my English in general) are understandable hehe. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, YukiNatsu said:

Thanks for the advice, my partner is asking if this is valid: How do the judgements from experts influence our opinions? I don't know if i should include subjectivity and objectivity

Mmm... I would say "How our personal knowledge is affected by external influences?" or something more "open" that will let you cover more aspects from different perspectives and areas. Ofc you can change it, I don't know how you want to guide your presentation and now I can't think properly haha. :(