Chemistry and Biology IA consultation.

Elie

hello everyone, 

So just last week we started our Internal Assessments for both Biology and chemistry and i just wanted to run some of my ideas through here if anyone could help me. 

So for biology i have decided to do chromatography on chlorophyll in plants. I was thinking comparing the chlorophylls in aquatic plants and land plants and then also putting them through a spectrophotometer. Can anyone suggest anything better or is this good enough for the IA. 

For the chemistry i'm seriously stuck. I need to talk to my teacher but first i thought i would come here to ask if anyone could suggest a topic for me (doesn't have to be specific). Currently i've thought of rates of reaction, specifically the effects of a catalyst or temperature on rate but i don't know any reactions that i can use. Another one was titration of something to calculate the concentration of something, which yet again i'm really not sure of, and finally something to do with tap water and whether it is safe to drink. 

I would greatly appreciate if someone would suggest a topic because i'm really stuck and these are all due formally in december. BTW, EE is over with but the happiness of finishing that kinda faded with all these IAs to do, including the history IA. 

Again, any practical advice or help would be extremely appreciated.