2 questions about ethanol and Bio IA. PLEASE ANSWER

Thisnotgood

Ok,

So my biology internal assessment is a little... made up. I have no idea if it will work, neither does my teacher, so I'm like praying to god it will.

What I'm trying to do is look at the effect of ethanol on photosynthesis, doing the test where you get spinach leaf disks and wait till they float to see what rate they produce oxygen at. I'm planning to change the concentration of ethanol in the solution, hoping it makes an effect of some sort.

I have 2 questions

1) the density of ethanol is less than water. Do I have to mention this? its about 78% the density of water, is there anyway I can do a calculation to account for the affect that the lower density will have on reducing the ability of the leaves to rise?

2) if it doesn't work and I don't really get any results, can I still salvage a decent mark? Bio is really the subject I care the most about, would be good not to lose 20% because I did something stupid...

Did anyone else do something they weren't sure about and still get a good mark??

(by the way, I'm doing it on monday. No i cannot change, trust me I've tried...)