Dear historians,

As to the authoritarian states (20th century), within the World History topics (seen on History Guide), I studied at school Hitler and Stalin. As their from the same region, I kinda needed another one, If I am going to prepare myself for the "two tyrants comparison question". Yeah there s always a question in which they ask you to compare and discuss two tyrants from different regions as to a certain aspect (propaganda, use of force, religion, role of women in their kingships, etc.).

So,as my teacher isn't going to lecture any more tyrants (he told me that) because he thinks we have given enough on other topics and we are prepared to answer another questions, I was kinda thinking on studying either Mao Zedong, Juan Perón (Argentina), Fidel Castro or even Julius Nyerere (Tanzania). I know that it may sound kinda wired my interest in these eccentric cultures, however if they can be utilized in a comparison with the same old usual Hitler or Stalin, why not study them? 

Hence, I really need to study one more tyrant. You re probably going to tell me Mao Zedong is the best to compare with Stalin or Hitler, notwithstanding, can you advise me on whats the easiest to study? I don't have much time, I am going for my 2nd year and I also have to study other themes and subjects, so time urges! Who studied some of these, can you please tell me your experience and so what was the easiest and better for a comparison with Stalin or Hitler?

Regards,

Richard   

We studied Mao, Stalin, and Castro. 

Mao is defiantly closer in ideas to Stalin than Castro. A lot of Mao's ideas came from the Soviet Union. Castro is his own beast with his own South American as well as Soviet influence. 

None of them are that hard to study, it comes down to who you find the most interesting to learn about