Course Selection Help

MeMyselfI

Hey guys/girls, 

im currently in 10th grade and need help with my course selection for the next 2 years.

My current course selection looks like this:

HL:

German A L&L 

Economics

Physiks

SL:

Business & Management 

English A L&L

Math

Here is my issue... I heard that the economics syllabus is very hard and that our Eco teachers aren't that good. Furthermore I heard that B&M is basically a free 7 and US universities (where I prob wanna study) don't really see it as a good course. My idea is to change Eco HL to SL and B&M to CS HL. Could anyone say if that is a good change or if I would kill myself with that 😉🔫 or comment which option would be better. 

Note: I don't know what to study yet but probably something with either engineering or business.

Economics HL is not hard at all (I do not know where you have heard that from), in fact it is one of the easier subjects to score high. In my case, my Economics teacher is pretty bad but you can self-study the subject like I did and score an easy 7. I am not sure about B&M, but Economics is more of theories than Business and Management, so I value this subject a lot. Economics HL has one more paper, which is calculation.. If you are good at Math (Math SL will be adequate), go for Economics HL because even if you lose marks on such a subjective paper like Paper 1 and 2, you still got paper 3 of numbers to get your mark back up.  

That is just my opinion, but if you want to change it, do it. 

11 minutes ago, inriya said:

Economics HL is not hard at all (I do not know where you have heard that from), in fact it is one of the easier subjects to score high. In my case, my Economics teacher is pretty bad but you can self-study the subject like I did and score an easy 7. I am not sure about B&M, but Economics is more of theories than Business and Management, so I value this subject a lot. Economics HL has one more paper, which is calculation.. If you are good at Math (Math SL will be adequate), go for Economics HL because even if you lose marks on such a subjective paper like Paper 1 and 2, you still got paper 3 of numbers to get your mark back up.  

That is just my opinion, but if you want to change it, do it. 

I heard that the econ syllabus will change from next year as well as other group 3 subjects. I heard that new econ will rely more onto learning knowledge and making an application instead of having Mathematical skills as one of the most important thing in the course. I didn't take Econ, but that's what econ teacher in my school told me.