AP exams compared to IB

Nemo

Hi! Can anyone tell me how AP exams compare to IB in terms of content? I'm specifically interested in how similar is AP Biology to IB Biology HL in terms of content. Also, could you please tell me how AP Physics 1 (or 1&2) compares to IB Physics (SL or HL). Thank you very much in advance :D !!

Edited by Nemo

As far as I know, the ap tests areally significantly easier compared to the ib tests. I know Hl bio people taking ap bio as a joke because they can. I can't speak for physics but chemistry is the same way as I am doing it and I'm in sl

• Like 1

@illoveib, you wrote that you know Hl bio people taking ap bio as a joke because they can. Do you know if it goes somewhat the other way around? You see, I took the AP Biology exam this May, and I'm in Pre-IB, planning to do IB next year. I've looked at the HL Bio Book that my school uses, and it seemed to be very similar to Barron's AP Biology (a lot of the same content and stuff, but I kept in mind that Barron's is designed to review, so I am aware that the design of how everything is written is different), which I was using to review for the AP exam. Would IB Bio HL be easier for me if I have done the AP Bio exam (and assuming I didn't fail?? ;) I hope I didn't ;):P:D)?? Super great thanks in advance, I really appreciate the time you took for replying me. Thank you  ;):D:D:D 

Is it worth taking them?

I mean, if they are simpler for some subjects and you score a 5, would universities still take it, even if you're not enrolled in an AP class? Is it considered good practice for IB exams? Is it good practice for IB exams?

@Nemo if you have taken the AP exam, it will be similar but there are some topics that are covered in IB the are not in the AP curriculum. If you're asking if you can just take the exam without the class, i highly doubt so because of IAs and group IV presentations etc.

@Rosalina In the United States some schools wont accept IB surprisingly ie Penn i think. so taking the ap test may help there. my college will only take chem if it is a 5,6,7 and i highly doubt i can get that but i can get credit with a 4,5 in AP. i see you're testing next year so you wont be able to get practice from the AP tests before the IB test because it is likely you will be taking the alternate AP because ib takes priority. colleges will take the AP credit even if you're not enrolled in an AP class, just get the score the university wants and they'll give you credit

• Like 1