Accepting admissions in OUAC

NiCKEL

What are the repercussions of accepting an offer of admission to a university in Ontario while waiting for a letter from a different province? Is that like...illegal or something lol. I really can't decide; still waiting on another, more difficult school but I don't want to pass this one's deadline on April 1st. 

Guest beyondtheimagine
11 hours ago, NiCKEL said:

What are the repercussions of accepting an offer of admission to a university in Ontario while waiting for a letter from a different province? Is that like...illegal or something lol. I really can't decide; still waiting on another, more difficult school but I don't want to pass this one's deadline on April 1st. 

Don't take my word on this, but I don't think there is any repercussions and I'm pretty positive its not illegal if you accept the offer from the university of Ontario while waiting for another offer from another university.

If you do receive an offer from the other university, you could contact the university of Ontario and cancel your reserved spot.

Edited by beyondtheimagine

For at least the Ontario local students, the deadline to accept is June 1st for admission to an Ontario Uni. 
Now your offer of acceptance does not expire until the acceptance deadline so there is no benefit to accept it early if you are still waiting on more offers. Typically there is no "repercussions" to accept offers while waiting for others. The only drawback is that you have to let the school know (through OUAC) that you are withdrawing your acceptance. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2016 at 3:17 PM, kw0573 said:

For at least the Ontario local students, the deadline to accept is June 1st for admission to an Ontario Uni. 
Now your offer of acceptance does not expire until the acceptance deadline so there is no benefit to accept it early if you are still waiting on more offers. Typically there is no "repercussions" to accept offers while waiting for others. The only drawback is that you have to let the school know (through OUAC) that you are withdrawing your acceptance. 

Wups forgot to check back on this forum: my deadline is April 1st (non-Ontario student) soo yea..for me it's not early haha. Ok thanks, I just needed to make sure it's not breaking some sort of rules or contract or anything...it feels like such a scumbag move lol