Is 3,340 words enough?

Kynast

Actually there is no minimum word count for the EE, but in the guide it is stated, that if you do much less than the word count, you actually won't be able to investigate at the level, which they require...

So basically if you do at least 3600-3700, you are on the safe side:D

My group one extended essay has a total of 3,340 words. I haven't worked much on it and my supervisor and I reckon it'll be around a D or C. Is there enough words?

Personally, I think you're too far off the 4,000 word maximum. If you know you're scoring a D or C and you haven't worked much on it, why are you considering a minimum word limit? You should use those remaining 660 words to try and get your essay to a B or an A rather than thinking how few words you can get away with. Group one extended essays are based on language, there is an endless list of things you can discuss when it comes to language, however if you're scoring a D or C then I suggest you go over your existing arguments and try to reinforce them. You can add more words through this and also by developing your arguments.

My group one extended essay has a total of 3,340 words. I haven't worked much on it and my supervisor and I reckon it'll be around a D or C. Is there enough words?

Personally, I think you're too far off the 4,000 word maximum. If you know you're scoring a D or C and you haven't worked much on it, why are you considering a minimum word limit? You should use those remaining 660 words to try and get your essay to a B or an A rather than thinking how few words you can get away with. Group one extended essays are based on language, there is an endless list of things you can discuss when it comes to language, however if you're scoring a D or C then I suggest you go over your existing arguments and try to reinforce them. You can add more words through this and also by developing your arguments.

Seconded. 

For example one of the criteria is something along the lines of using imaginative sources of information. Well the book and essays on the book would be obvious sources. So where can you go find more stuff? Videos? Internet? Surveys?? Other languages/translations of the work? Just some suggestions you can do to improve your grade. And you should do this for all 9 or 10 criteria and you should be able to score a high mark. I didn't know everything I was writing about but I still got an A on the EE. 

There are so many criteria points (I estimated to be around half) that are mostly/completely unrelated to quality or writing or strength of arguments. Some of these are ridiculously easy like having proper research questions and doing certain format stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! 

I believe it is also a matter of language. For example in my EE I had about 3400 words and I got an A or B (predicted grade tho). I did my EE in finnish and we do not have articles at all. My EE was quite broad still and I succeeded well. So I believe that wordcount is up to your language you are doing your EE.