What time do you guys sleep and wake up during IB?

Ace of Devils

I'm in IB1 right now, and I sleep around 11:00-12:00 every night on average, (some nights 10 pm and others 1-2 am)and wake up at 5:15 the next day (school starts at 7:30)

I usually get home after 5 due to extra-curriculars and work for around 5 hours after that before I sleep. The times when I'm not working are either for showering or eating, or the occasional 5 minute peace of mind break.

Weekends are usually work from 1 pm till 1 am, mostly because I try and catch up on sleep in the mornings.

How much sleep do you guys get? And how much work do you put in on average? I'm curious to see how others are coping

• Like 1

Guest beyondtheimagine

I'm in IB1 right now, and I sleep around 11:00-12:00 every night on average, (some nights 10 pm and others 1-2 am)and wake up at 5:15 the next day (school starts at 7:30)

I usually get home after 5 due to extra-curriculars and work for around 5 hours after that before I sleep. The times when I'm not working are either for showering or eating, or the occasional 5 minute peace of mind break.

Weekends are usually work from 1 pm till 1 am, mostly because I try and catch up on sleep in the mornings.

How much sleep do you guys get? And how much work do you put in on average? I'm curious to see how others are coping

I go to bed at 10pm and I wake up at 6:35am.

I sometimes start doing my homework once I get home, but usually I take a hour break once I get home from school.

Usually I put about 2 hours of work, everyday. If it's an exam or a major assignment, it's around 4 hours of work.

I usually go to bed at around 10:30 and wake up at around 6:10. Work wise, I usually do 2 hours per day, but for an exam or a huge assignment, I'll go up to 5 hours in the days prior to it.

I'm currently going through a week of hell (Bio + Chem IAs, IOC, History Paper 2 mocks, EE viva voce, random bio exam), so I'm planning on working for ~4-5 hours per day.

T_T

Edited by The00333

I usually go to bed at around 10:30 and wake up at around 6:10. Work wise, I usually do 2 hours per day, but for an exam or a huge assignment, I'll go up to 5 hours in the days prior to it.

I'm currently going through a week of hell (Bio + Chem IAs, IOC, History Paper 2 mocks, EE viva voce, random bio exam), so I'm planning on working for ~4-5 per day.

T_T

I know how you feel lol. Rushing to edit and make my written task 2 the best it can possibly be before the school internal deadline for submission tomorrow the struggle is real. If that's not bad enough I still have to finish my Musical Links Investigation XD

61 days before the first exam... haven't even started prepping yet :/

I sleep at 9. Wake at 4:30 to pray till 6 then go to school. Not much time to study for me because I still have music lessons once a week and by the time I get home it's about 4-4:30..

I'm in my junior year of IB, and normally I get to sleep anywhere from 10:30 pm to 2:00 am, but it varies depending on the day(I'm also a water polo player, and if I have a match the next day I get to sleep earlier)

Guys I've noticed that a lot of you are saying you sleep late because of procrastination. One way I find useful to stop my procrastination is to take out the distracting websites on my computer completely by using 'Selfcontrol'. It's an app where you can choose which websites you want to block, almost like parental controls but it works on a timer. Once you've turned it on, you cannot turn it off until the timer runs out. It's worked for me so far :)

I generally sleep at 2 in the night and wake up at 8 in the morning. A few days ago I had changed my sleeping pattern and started sleeping from 5- 8 in the morning and then from 3-6 in the afternoon, but then I had to shift back because of afternoon classes at school.

I'm lucky enough to be able to get up at 8am, but I usually only get to sleep by 1am ish, which actually seems pretty good compared to the rest of you!! i think my latest bedtime this year has been 5am for some reason. Weekends are heaven because I get to sleep sometimes, depending on if I have any weekend activities.

I try to go to bed at ten on schooldays, simply because otherwise I don't function the next day. Then I get up a little to seven. However, my bedtime varies as I have training some evenings. In the weekends I go to sleep when I want to and just wake up, because I get the sleep I need (approximately) during the week. 

Concerning work, then it also varies a lot. The days I have training I also work, so those 2 days are only for homework, dinner, and when I get home I go to sleep. But Weekly I believe I spend between 5 and 10 hours on assignment, depending on how many assignment we have, and if any of them are exam components. On top of that comes homework, but I try to keep that short, so that I also get a little time off, which I think is important as an IB student to make sure that you get at least every other day, to just zone out a bit.