Help with CAS in general

So I know almost nothing about CAS, the only thing I do know is that we have to complelte 150 of Creativity, Action and Service. I have no idea what the CAS project is or how to write the CAS Reflection, we don't have a CAS coordinator and whenever I ask my IB coordinator about CAS she always tells me to talk to her later about it. 

Also can someone suggest me some places where I can do Action, I can't go the Gym because it's too far... Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Thanks Y'all  

There are millions of things you could go for action (no pun intended). Join some sports activity or you can participate in MUN or plan an even. All of that comes under CAS. You can find the guide here.

Its not compulsory to have 150 hours of CAS. I don't think we have hours anymore, that's old syllabus. CAS project is basically some activity that combines 2 or 3 aspects, i.e. 2/3 of C, A, or S. CAS reflection includes what you learnt in the 2 years of CAS and the learning outcomes, etc.

So I know almost nothing about CAS, the only thing I do know is that we have to complelte 150 of Creativity, Action and Service. I have no idea what the CAS project is or how to write the CAS Reflection, we don't have a CAS coordinator and whenever I ask my IB coordinator about CAS she always tells me to talk to her later about it. 

Also can someone suggest me some places where I can do Action, I can't go the Gym because it's too far... Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

My school also doesn't have a CAS coordinator. It's not seen as a big thing at my school. Most people just write the reflection in one night, adding some photos, or stuff we actually done in the two years. Many school use an online tool to keep track of CAS, but people at my school typically just volunteer with teachers or with an external large organization so there's no problem in accumulating proof.

Think of CAS as IB's way of saying "go explore the world. don't just do homework and learn theory all day". It shouldn't be a strain on you; CAS is meant to be naturally incorporated into your lifestyle, and if anything, reduces stress not accumulates it.

Action shouldn't be too hard. You can just form a running group (it's Australia i get it). Walk to school probably counts. Also walking/biking instead of using car typically counts. 

• Like 1