Is god a mathematician?

Nutella_lover

Why don't you ask your teacher what he/she wants you to include in your essay/presentation? I think that's the best way to know, because there is not a single thing I can think of related to this topic that actually makes sense. Wait, that's probably because the topic doesn't make sense.

Oh, you can go up and just say how you had a little talk with god and now you know that yes, god is a mathematician.

um, maybe look for ways that math is found in nature (like the Golden Ratio, pi in all circles) ? and conclude either 

a) there is a lot of math in nature, so "god" is a mathematician or

b) there is not a lof of math in nature, so "god" is not a mathematician 

still a strange assignment though; plus all that God thing assumes you believe in god 

• 3 weeks later...

So my maths studies teachers wants us to give a presentation or a written form answer about ''Is god a mathematician" now how the heck am i suppose to so answer that???!!!!! Could someone please help me out with this question

Is god a mathematician is a book written by Mario Livio.

Quote from https://plus.maths.org/content/god-mathematician

"The question of whether god is a mathematician refers to the apparently omnipotent powers of mathematics to describe the world we live in — its "unreasonable effectiveness", to use a phrase coined by physics Nobel Laureate Eugene Wigner in 1960. Evidence of this omnipotence is everywhere. The laws of physics, the movements of the stock market (though it may be hard to believe right now), the way our brain works, even chance events: all can be described in the language of mathematics. What's more, the mathematics required to solve a particular problem, for example to describe the nature of sub-atomic particles, has often been developed decades, or even centuries, before the problem was first posed. Time and time again, mathematics just happens to fit the bill perfectly. So is mathematics woven into the fabric of nature, independent of the human mind, but there for us to discover? Or is it a human invention? If it's the latter, then why does it apply to external physical phenomena at all?"

Edited by IB Examiner