Topic Narrowing/Specifying

SteakBurrito

The topic that I chose for my history IA is "To what extent did Cold War tensions affect the 1980 Olympic games in Moscow?".

I really like the topic and can find a lot of information about it but i have been told by multiple teachers/students that the topic is too broad. I have tried looking at different aspects of the 1980 Olympics but I'm not sure that is the best route. 

Hopefully someone can help...Thanks.

The topic that I chose for my history IA is "To what extent did Cold War tensions affect the 1980 Olympic games in Moscow?".

I really like the topic and can find a lot of information about it but i have been told by multiple teachers/students that the topic is too broad. I have tried looking at different aspects of the 1980 Olympics but I'm not sure that is the best route. 

Hopefully someone can help...Thanks.

I agree with the multiple teachers and students, your question is way too broad. You could write volumes on this topic.

I would suggest that you pick an aspect of "Cold War tensions" [uSSR policies maybe, since it was in Moscow] and see what affect it had. Kinda doing a cause and effect type of thing. [Perhaps "To what extent did X policy of Y Country affect Z Country during the Moscow Olympics?"]