Offers taking a while

AryaSantoso

So I sent my UCAS application like right before the January deadline, and a couple of universities have already given me conditional offers. The remaining universities, however, still haven't replied. In normal circumstances, I would not panic and sit tight and be patient. The thing is, some of my friends have already gotten offers from the same universities that haven't replied to me...so why aren't they replying to me? Different course? Or did they already flat out reject me

?

Unfortunately,you have been probably rejected.

No! not true. Different courses at different universities take different amount of time to respond to applications depending on factors such as number of applications/admission officers etc.

As long as you have not received a rejection, your application is still being considered. Don't consider how long others take to get an offer.

Universities have deadlines until, March, or May to respond. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately,you have been probably rejected.

Where did you get this rubbish advice from? 

January deadline was what, less than 2 weeks ago? Some of my offers took 2-3 months to come, so did my friends. Sit tight and wait. It genuinely means nothing. I also have seen someone say somewhere that sometimes your offer takes a while because the university wants you in but is waiting for someone else to reject them to give you their offer, so to say. But i'm not sure how true that is so don't quote me on that. 

• Like 4

You can't predict whether you've been rejected or not you've been rejected. When you get the admission offer depends on many factors and it takes some universities more time to reply than others. Maybe there were more applications to process for the course you applied to. Or maybe your friend applied earlier and therefore got the admission offer before you. There are indefinite possibilities. Don't think you didn't get in, because chances are they might not even have processed your application fully. Wait till you get a reply.