How to do better in English Literature Paper 1 and Paper 2

Rosemary

Try looking at some level 7 exemplars - they'll give you an indication as to where you have to be at for that top mark!

As for getting better, my English teacher always told me that practice makes perfect. I did a Paper 1 or Paper 2 almost every day before my final English exam, and I increased my grades from 5s up to 7s! Make sure you take in all the feedback your teacher gives you on your paper - don't be afraid of any constructive criticism!! Make sure you understand the weaknesses in your paper, and know how to improve on them. Whenever I write a commentary/comparative essay I always keep asking myself "so what??" whenever I make a point, and make sure that it's completely justified by using evidence from the text(s) and quotes. I always make sure to include at least 3 literary devices per paragraph, usually more.

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like any more help, or if you need to clarify anything I've said :) I wish you the best of luck!!

• Like 1