Low word count

A.N.B

My teacher had suggested we keep our EEs between 3400 to 3800 (the optimum range) because apparently, the examiners have to count the words manually after 3900 or something (Yikes!) and it's not necessarily a good thing to frustrate your examiner before they read your paper...

Anyways, that was completely off topic :P I'm quite sure the minimum requirement my school highly suggests we follow is an absolute minimum of 3000 words. But that all depends on how under you are. Honestly though, as long as you think you've written a solid paper (no regrets, no hesitations on what you wrote - e.g. nothing you've left out) then you should be fine. :)

• Like 1

I have 3300 words right now. I'm still writing about the limitations of my experiment which I think will get me to 3500.

I'll probably end up a little over 3500. Is that good enough?

I think it all comes down to content. It'd be nice to get as close to 4000 as possible but if you can write a solid paper in 3500 words, you should not be penalized. 

I have 3300 words right now. I'm still writing about the limitations of my experiment which I think will get me to 3500.

I'll probably end up a little over 3500. Is that good enough?

That is totally fine! You have no need to worry for the word count. And if you're getting your paper edited, I'm sure that will change anyways. If not, then honestly, a little over 3500 is perfectly fine. Good luck!

• 6 years later...