Biology SL or Design Technology SL

juliak

Hi, I am current pre-IB student and have to make decision about my subjects in IB. I want to study law, but I also consider political science or something with media, but Law is my priority. Now I have chosen:

English B HL

History HL

Geography/Psychology HL

MAths Studies

Polish A SL

And I do not know which one: biology or DT should I take. Please help, I have no idea what to choose :(

Thank you!

With what you want to apply for, it really doesn't matter much, as neither biology nor DT are required or even related. For law, some UK universities might prefer traditional subjects, thus favouring biology, but given that the rest of your subjects are very traditional, I don't think it'd really have any impact. What do you think you'd find more interesting? What does your heart tell you? 

Only take DT if the department in your school is strong. 

Our teacher ditched us at the end of our junior year, and also taught us the wrong syllabus. So in our senior year we are working on our final projects and also learning two years worth of theory. Otherwise it is a petty interesting subject and is relatively easy if you get your basics down and do your design project on time.