History IA Topic Help PLEASE

iamfelony

ok so I had a research question which was how did the Duvalier regime impact the political and social structure of Haiti? But the problem is that I feel that because I mentioned The Duvaliers in my EE talking about how the Haitian revolution impact on the political in Haiti I would be plagiarizing myself so I came up with a few questions and I would like thoughts on them

(1) What impact did the Harlem Renaissance have on African Americans?

(2) What caused the Rwanda Genocide?

(3) What was Roe v Wade impact on society?

If I could do my Haiti topic that would be great but at the same time I would like to do the first question I just don't know if it's to broad.

It's probably best to not repeat ideas across IB subject, so I would avoid anything to do with the Duvalier regime.

All of your questions are way to broad for an IA. (Remember it's only 1500-2000 words). They are a good place to start, however.

With the first one, you need dates for the Harlem Renaissance and a specific element of African American culture/life

With the second one, you need to pick a specific factor in causing the Rwanda Genocide. 

With the third one, you need a specific element of society. 

• Like 3

It's probably best to not repeat ideas across IB subject, so I would avoid anything to do with the Duvalier regime.

All of your questions are way to broad for an IA. (Remember it's only 1500-2000 words). They are a good place to start, however.

With the first one, you need dates for the Harlem Renaissance and a specific element of African American culture/life

With the second one, you need to pick a specific factor in causing the Rwanda Genocide.

With the third one, you need a specific element of society.

How about "How did Langston Hughes contribute to the Harlem Renaisance or why did Langston Highes contribute to the Harlem Renaissance?" and explain why and give examples of how he did so?

How about "How did Langston Hughes contribute to the Harlem Renaisance or why did Langston Hughes contribute to the Harlem Renaissance?" and explain why and give examples of how he did so?

How Hughes contributed will have the tendency to be narrative. (Hughes did this, lengthy explanation. Hughes did this other thing, explanation.)

Why did Hughes contributed needs dates, either in the question or in part A. This question allows you to be analytical (Hughes did this, why it matters.)

• Like 1

"To what extent was Hughes impactful to the Harlem Renaissance with his poetry" is along the lines of something more do-able. WHen talking about a specific person or event in relation to a greater event, "to what extent was_______ significant to  _______" is always a good place to start, since IB loves "to what extent". It allows you to evaluate different factors and alternatives. I did mine that way, at least, and it did quite well.