Chemistry IA 2016

Prince

Hey i need help on my Chem IA

My research question is:

What effect does the amount of ethylene, have on the time taken of climacteric fruit ripening?

I am doing a database based IA.  I am also doing a really dumbed down experiment to support the data that I can find online.

Can someone tell me how to start this.

By database can I just find articles online and then cite them? Or find other websites that explain what is happening and what affect ethylene has on fruits? I don't understand how to do a database based IA.

Any good databases?

Anyone?

It sounds like a rate problem.
First understand related concepts such as reaction rates, rate constants, catalysts, etc. Probably watch some videos and do some exercises either online or in your textbook. Then you want to apply this knowledge to the specific reaction(s) happening when fruits ripen. Is ethylene a catalyst, reactant, or product? Then find the rate law describing this reaction. Also consider searching for "ethene" production. 
I think that procedure would help you to look for proper data suitable for your investigation.