History IA !

Sreee

Hello!

So, I'm a History SL student. The problem? I have no teacher! Our school didn't offer history until my year, and now they have stopped offering it again! So, I'm trying to work through this on my own.

I have thought of an IA topic, I just wanted opinions, so that I know if what I'm doing is right or not. The topic is: To what extent was the Battle of Berlin 1943-44, a success? Basically, its going to be an assessment of the success of the battle, considering various factors and various historic perspectives. Good? Okay? Acceptable?

Let me know!! Thanks. xxx

I personally think it's a bit too broad. Success for who? Is there a more specific part of the battle that you could assess? What do you exactly mean by success? You could even specify your question into 'To what extent did the Battle of Berlin help in the lead up to ________?'.

Thats the extent of advice I can give to you so far.

Hope it helps!

• Like 2

Hello!

So, I'm a History SL student. The problem? I have no teacher! Our school didn't offer history until my year, and now they have stopped offering it again! So, I'm trying to work through this on my own.

I have thought of an IA topic, I just wanted opinions, so that I know if what I'm doing is right or not. The topic is: To what extent was the Battle of Berlin 1943-44, a success? Basically, its going to be an assessment of the success of the battle, considering various factors and various historic perspectives. Good? Okay? Acceptable?

Let me know!! Thanks. xxx

Yeah like what ebu said, specify what successes and parts of the battle. I recommend doing some preliminary research for your topic to see how you can narrow your topic down. 

Best of luck on your HI :D 

• Like 1

Would perhaps talking about success in terms of whether it achieved its stated aims or not? There were only 2 aims of the battle, so would this be focused enough?  

Yes, that usually works. You can probably leave your question as you originally stated. Just make sure in part A you address how define success (looking at the two aims of the battle). 

• Like 1

When writing your question, try to keep in mind a cause and effect. Something should lead to or result in something. That is what you're arguing, otherwise how would it be different from simply stating a fact?

So yes, mentioning the success of the Battle of Britain because of its fulfillment of its aims would definitely be a lot better. :)