Rationale: word limit

wojtek

Hey guys!

I am working on my written assignment in English B higher level and some inconsistency between my 2 teachers and guide emerged. They say that the rationale has limit to 250 words, whereas the syllabus says only about 150 words.. What is your opinion about the problem? What's more, the guide states that the WA should be handwritten, but aren't we supposed to upload it via IB online page and write it electronically?

Please let me know what it looks like in your school.

• 1 month later...

Hi ya,

your Rationale is between 150 to 250 words, however, as your teachers rightly pointed out, be closer to the 250 mark as you will be downgraded if you have words left and you didn't use them effectively for explaining your task. The task itself is 500-600 words at HL.

In your Rationale make sure that you explain your word choices (i.e. register), text type choice and what you want to achieve...

Your WA will have to be uploaded and you will receive a cover page from the IB - your WA shouldn't indicate your name or IB number. You will upload them as soon as the servers are open...The WA were uploaded last year for the first time...the days of handwriting are over.

Good luck!