Good history resources?

Rosalina

Hiya,

I've been wonderng if any of you know of some good history website/ books that I could use for my HL class? I was looking over my notes the other day and found that they were pretty vague. I was justing wanting to get an idea as to what concepts I should be focusing on.

Thanks!

It really depends on what you're studying, but alphahistory.com is great for certain topics! This website is pretty good too, but I'm not a huge fan. It's good for crash course revision if you're really panicked, but it's better for last minute reminders before an exam, not for actual notes. It's got some good historiography though, and makes for some good overarching points which you can investigate further.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

This website has everything you need and is very good for information that you'll need on Paper 2's:

rudbeck-ib-history-revision.wikispaces.com

This one has a very good IB section on history as well and also has an essay generator to practice essay questions:

http://www.activehistory.co.uk/#

For books, I'd say go to your library and look at all the non-fiction books about the topic you're learning. Also, at the back of your history textbook, there might be a page of history books that you can look for. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to do the Russian Revolution, then I highly recommend Richard Pipes (try A Concise History of the Russian Revolution), Sheila Fitzpatrick and Orlando Figes. If you're going to do WWI, I recommend A.J.P. Taylor and Niall Ferguson (A Pity of War is excellent). Watch documentaries, they are easily digestible, but hold a lot of valuable information (and a lot of them are on YouTube). 

Your teacher will most likely be mentioning historians, always write them down and find books by them after class. If you use their books in your essays, your teacher will be very impressed. ;)

• Like 2