Physics HL Paper 1/2

El :3

Hey guys, thought I might start a thread for the HL physics papers. How did you find them? I personally didn't find them too bad, but there were a couple of challenging questions in paper 1 particularly. 

Which questions in Section B in Paper 2 did you do? Hope it went well for everyone! :)

Edited by El :3

Probably it was my lack of revision but my thoughts are: paper 1 was decent, some tricky questions but feasible. Paper 2 was the hardest for me, I chose question 6 and 9 I think, and was barely able to manage at least with 3/4 of the questions. Paper 3 was definetely the weirdest paper 3 I have seen, astro was ok and relativity so so.

I thought they were decent too. But I think I made a couple of unnecessary calculation errors in P1. P2 and P3 were alright in my opinion. Just hoping for the best now.

Btw, in P1 there was one question about an electron being attracted towards a negative or positive potential or something like that. It had arrows and we had to show the direction of the electron's motion. Can anyone remember what that answer was?

I thought they were decent too. But I think I made a couple of unnecessary calculation errors in P1. P2 and P3 were alright in my opinion. Just hoping for the best now.

Btw, in P1 there was one question about an electron being attracted towards a negative or positive potential or something like that. It had arrows and we had to show the direction of the electron's motion. Can anyone remember what that answer was?

I remember the question, I can't remember what I put but I think it was D, to the right, but don't hold me on that (I woke up 5 mins ago)

• Like 1

i thought paper 1 was pretty decent. a lot of the questions were quite different to other questions that were asked in the past but i think i did ok alright on it.

my cohort for paper 2 was divided on loving the paper or thinking it was the worst paper they've ever done. i personally thought it wasn't bad. there were a couple of questions that i got caught up on but i'm pretty sure it will end up ok (but whenever i think i did well in physics i end up failing and whenever i feel like i failed i end up passing so  only time will tell i guess)

for section b i chose question 6 and 9. 6 was something to do with fields, quantum and waves and 9 was about fields and circuits i think? When i went into the exam i knew i wanted to avoid everything from topic 8 and 14 because i was never bothered to learn them so i was literally so happy when they were combined in a section b question and i could avoid it completely :D

and i loved paper 3 so much!! i took astro and medical physics and i thought the questions were quite different to most past papers i did with there being a lot more qualitative answers rather than calculations but overall it wasn't too bad :) 

Was this the one were there was a sine wave and A and B were vertically above and below the point on the wave, C was a bit to the right and D was like half a phase above? because if so i chose C because i thought it was something to do with the wavelength and C was like 1/4 wavelength away? don't exactly remember my reasoning actually but i think i went with C.

• 1 month later...