Some info on Lab marking needed

Abu

I'm the only one in my Physics class, and let's just say that my lab reports aren't exactly top notch. So basically, if I just make 2 great reports, would that work or would the school have to send all my labs of mostly 2s (out of 3) to the IB since I'm the only one? Lab work counts for 25% if I'm not wrong.

Thanks!

I would not know wat to do for physics, but I can tell you wat I do for chem and bio. For both I do an introduction before beginning the prac in ernest, then for planning A, research question is usually pretty easy but if unsure make it longest and more specific. Hypothesis I do simple predictions then move to more complex predictions, including both qualitive and whereas possible quantitive measures. It is also important to ground your predictions in theory of other scientists. Variables is much like the research question it is pretty easy but it if in doubt write more, then as you write the method I ffind that i haven't included some of the variable and I update it. I do variables in a table with independent, dependent and controlled variables.

Then Planning b apparatus i usually make a diagram of the prac set up, and make sure that I include the number of each apparatus, the concentration etc. Then for the method I tend too write 500-700 word. Try to make it as detailed as possible including ways to control the variables even if you didnt do them.

The for data collection i include a table of the results including the uncertainties of each measurement, I also include a talbe of instrument uncertainties.

Data processing I assume is alot different for physics but you will have to calculate the experiment uncertainty.

Conclusion, I articulate the results in words firstly then, I see whether the results support my hypothesis and the then explain using reference to other scientists works.

Evaluation, First I evaluate the method making suggestion for improvement. then I look at possible errors.

Btw, it is actually 24% but that is such a small thing.

I hope I have helped.

Well I only did all that for about 4 because it took me 9 to work out that is wat you have to do. I ended up spending 12 hours on one of my chem pracs but it was worth it because I got full marks for it, and my teacher said it was one of the best pracs he has marked. But doing all that has worked for me because I have gotten 47/48 and 46/48 before moderation for chem and bio respectively.