History IA [Question Check]

Cyan Yoshi

Does anyone mind giving me some advice on my history IA question?

Thanks!

To what extent did World War One, culture clash, and the lust for power allow the Ottoman Turks to instigate the Armenian Genocide?

Your RQ is too broad :P Focus on one thing out of three things you have in your RQ (WWI, culture clash or lust for power). Though it may not be a good idea to use the word "lust". If you choose to focus on WWI, look at one specific aspect of it. This isn't like the EE where your topic could be more broad. You have to be able to answer the question in 1500-2000 words. 

• Like 2

Alright. Well my original question was, "To what extent did religious conflict between the Ottoman Turks and Armenians result in the Armenian Genocide" but my teacher said that the answer was too obvious and wouldn't have much depth. How about something like "To what extent did WWI allow the Ottoman Turks to instigate the Armenian Genocide?" I know you said that I should talk about a specific event from WWI but I don't know if I'll have enough to talk about.

Alright. Well my original question was, "To what extent did religious conflict between the Ottoman Turks and Armenians result in the Armenian Genocide" but my teacher said that the answer was too obvious and wouldn't have much depth. How about something like "To what extent did WWI allow the Ottoman Turks to instigate the Armenian Genocide?" I know you said that I should talk about a specific event from WWI but I don't know if I'll have enough to talk about.

Hmm ok so I suggest you continue with your research and see how much information you can find. If you find a bunch of aspects to it, then yeah it's good to focus on one or you could do a compare/contrast on which aspect had the most significant role in sparking the Armenian genocide.