BIO Urgent Help IA - Sucrose vs Glucose fermentation

IBsurvivor98

Hey guys!

So basically, I did my bio IA on different sugars affecting yeast respiration. My IA showed that glucose produced more c02 than sucrose did, however, my teacher told me that sucrose is supposed to produce more. I looked up online, literally half of the studies show that glucose produces more and the other half show that sucrose produce more. 

Heres what I think:

Glucose will probably produce more C02 quicker than sucrose as it is a monosaccharide whereas glucose is a disaccharide. However, in the long run, since sucrose will yield twice the amount of glucose ( as it is made up of glucose + fructose ) sucrose will evolve more c02. My experiment lasts only 20 mins for one trial. 

So is glucose supposed to yield more c02 or sucrose supposed to yield more c02 in 20 mins?

Hey guys!

So basically, I did my bio IA on different sugars affecting yeast respiration. My IA showed that glucose produced more c02 than sucrose did, however, my teacher told me that sucrose is supposed to produce more. I looked up online, literally half of the studies show that glucose produces more and the other half show that sucrose produce more. 

Heres what I think:

Glucose will probably produce more C02 quicker than sucrose as it is a monosaccharide whereas glucose is a disaccharide. However, in the long run, since sucrose will yield twice the amount of glucose ( as it is made up of glucose + fructose ) sucrose will evolve more c02. My experiment lasts only 20 mins for one trial. 

So is glucose supposed to yield more c02 or sucrose supposed to yield more c02 in 20 mins?

Hey buddy ol' pal, this is the joke you were telling me about? Hahaha alright gotta admit it sounds complicated enough.

I personally think you should go with your experiment results instead of manipulation according to various studies.

Limitations can be discussed in your lab report.