Is it necessary for IB students to give IELTS or TOEFL if they wish to study in UK?

dushyantdasot89

Hi, 

I just wanted to know that is it really necessary for IB DP students to give IELTS, TOEFL or any such subject tests if they wish to study in UK?

I am studying in DP 2 and I have English A Literature SL. 

And I particularly want to know about places like 

University of Bath, University of Manchester, London School of Economics and Political Science.

It helps to have it if you're not a native English Speaker

In terms of if it is necessary, then no it is not if you take English A. But it really depends on the University you apply to so you should just check their English requirements. And it's super easy, so might as well take it.

Hi, 

I just wanted to know that is it really necessary for IB DP students to give IELTS, TOEFL or any such subject tests if they wish to study in UK?

I am studying in DP 2 and I have English A Literature SL. 

And I particularly want to know about places like 

University of Bath, University of Manchester, London School of Economics and Political Science.

Gaby answered your question, but if you want to talk about the LSE and what it's like and such, feel free to drop me a line. Cheers!

• Like 1