Timed Writing on The Causes of World War One.

D_Rand

Depends on what the question is. Even though its causes of the first world war, it could be was it XX factor or YY factor. But generally, I'd say have some historiography, arguments, of course, and topic sentences. Also, it would be a good idea to to structure your essay out. DOn't make the intro/conclusion too long. Spend more time on your arguments.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

King112

I have a timed writing in two days on the causes of the First World War, are there any tips to what I should inlclude/delete? Thank you.

Make sure you know your historians and you are able to look at counterarguments because that's what constitutes a strong essay. Use precise terms and make sure you directly answer the essay question in your thesis and integrate that position throughout your paper. 

When it comes to historians, make sure you're not simply slapping names onto the paper. You have to explain why their position would be valid and if it's a counterargument, refute it after that explanation with your argument. 

Good luck! 

Aside from knowing your information well, be sure that you know your historians and their views well (dont make up names), as well as stats that would help support your points. Counter arguments are important to include where you can, just don't force them. Also, try to challenge the question you are asked.

It's also a good idea to think of possible questions that you will be asked to write an essay on and practice making a thesis and arguments for those, because chances are, you might get that exact question, or something similiar.