WINDSURFING MATH IA SL

IBcuracao

Hi guys, so I need to do an IA for SL Math and I wanted to do mine on windsurfing, I was thinking of maybe: 

"How to model a water start?" 

"What is the maximum speed a windsurfer can achieve?" (modelling the weight and wind with a given specifics on the sail and board) 

If there are any more ideas for this I would love to hear it. However, I am worried that I am looking into physics too much and I need to focus on the Math. Any feedback would be exceptionally helpful.

Edited by IBcuracao

I'm not great at maths or physics but I feel that you should at least get some feedback of any sort!

Though this does sound a bit "physic-y" I think that it should be fine with your math exploration as you can use vectors and graphing.

Just remember that the Math Exploration is supposed to be an investigation into a mathematical method, to see why and how it's the main one and to critically analyze it. 

Take a look at some top Math IAs online, and try to follow the example they set.  Does your topic leave any room for analysis?

Hi there, I'm just here procrastinating my own math IA :D

Personally I think that your first one is a bit too physics-y but the second one is math and you can model the rate of change using calculus.

Alternatively you can do what I'm doing and look into whether years of competitive experience has an effect on local class rankings and ISAF ratings (doing mine on sailing)

Anyhow hope it helps and let me know what you find - it'll be quite interesting :D