Concerning TOK essay uploading

pedroparamo1

Hello:

I want to know the following.. My school had an internal deadline for handing in the final draft of the TOK essay for November 2015 examination.. It was July 31... They told us to send it and then upload it.. I did my TOK esasy basically on my own, used APA system to quotate, etc.. The problem is when I was going to upload it I corrected some sentences to improve the tideness of the essay. I uploaded 15 days ago approximately. Today my IB coordinator told me that my TOK teacher rejected my essay because it is not the same... Is she on her power to do this? Or is her work only to probe that there is not plagarism? However I will upload the original essay, but if anyone knows about this it would be intresting to take into account.

Thx,

Pp

IB requires all students to follow internal deadlines and all teachers to check for authenticity.

If you did not talk to the teacher prior to changing the sentences AND the paper looks at a glance very different than what you submitted initially than the teacher has to redo the authenticity check.

IB will likely favour the teacher's decision, because if this is allowed then, the bell-curve for the school will be off and it is not fair for those who did not make changes at the internal deadline. This is especially tight for ToK because the paper is judged holistically so if you tidy it up then it will possibly affect your mark very much because the whole thing is out of 10 and weighted 66% of your grade. If there were some special circumstances in your family or personal life then let your teachers know because they could make the occasional exception.