art HL major work help

jk98

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of my first year (yr 11) and I'm doing Visual Arts HL. It's not that I've had a hard time choosing a topic, but whenever I suggest something to my teacher, they always say something discouraging which makes me reconsider.  :hmmph:

I've thought of plenty of ideas, which include:

- Human nature. (combining elements of humanity with elements of nature)

- Corruption. (looking at different mental and social issues mainly in the form of expressionism)

- What a girl wants. (looking inside a girl's mind, comparing fantasy to reality)

- Looking at how music influences art. I was going to get a bunch of songs and let them influence my art making, originally looking at Hozier's album because I was obsessed with his songs at the time.

- How colour influences art making. Colour has an impact on how people feel and I wanted to incorporate that into my exhibition.

I have a lot of ideas and I have until the end of next year to complete all of the works. I need some advice as to what to do. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy :) I'm also in Art HL. My teacher is a pretty easy man, I mean we didn't come up with the topic in the very first days, all we did was drawing, sketching, coloring and crafting because he said if you set yourself a topic, it will limit you.

I finished 5 studio works before putting them together as a theme - Human Nature.

So yeah :)

Just explore around with yourself and have fun, art is not a really stressful subject, everyone in my year goes there to relax HAHA :P 

Goodluck and enjoy your first year!