Integration of an ethnic group ( Pakistani) in the UK EE in English B?

Hey guys, 

I wanted to start with my EE during break, but then my teacher told me my topic does not match the EE criteria for English B. So I decided to change my topic. However, I don't know if this topic is gonna fit the criteria. The topic would be about the reasons of the integration issues of Muslims in the UK. Uk is a focused country and I remember doing  integration in class. I asked my teacher, but she is not emailing me back and I really need to start with my EE. 

So does anyone know if this topic would work for English B? 

I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.Thank you! :) 

Hi!

Overall I think it might work although I am a bit worried whether your topic is narrow enough or not. To me it seems OK but you should work more on its formulation.

You might stick to your idea but in English B EE there are several categories that you can take. They are:

• Category 1—questions of a general, linguistic nature
  • Category 2—a look at society and culture in two ways                                                                                                  (1) category 2A—a topic of a sociocultural nature that has had an influence on the target language                  (2) category 2B—a topic of a cultural nature specific to a community or country where the target language is spoken, based on a cultural object, or “artifactâ€
  • Category 3 â€”literary analysis of a work in the target language (not in translation)

But if you are really interested in your topic (that would be Category 2), that's fine. By the way, have you tried considering how muslim integration has affected the culture or the language in the UK? This is just a suggestion...

Oh! And check out this link - in the left column you can find other students' Extended Essays in English B and a also a brief overview of all criteria: https://ibpublishing.ibo.org/live-exist/rest/app/tsm.xql?doc=d_2_ablan_tsm_1105_2_e∂=5&chapter=2

Hope this helps!

Edited by Fiona
  • Like 1