Ielts vs Toefl

matbla

if you think about the scope of things... uk, us, canada and australia accept ielts

unis in uk dont accept toefl

and personally think ielts is harder because you directly speak with another person in the speaking section in form of an interview

IELTS all the way. Looking at the two solely based on their acceptance by university, IELTS is the clear winner. I used my IELTS results to apply to USA and Canada and all of the ones I applied to were more than happy to accept it. TOEFL on the other hand isn't widely accepted in the UK, so that's a major con.

In terms of ease, IELTS wins (from my experience). I did practice tests for both tests and found the IELTS much easier, so naturally that's the one I picked to do. And I didn't do much in terms of preparation, just familiarized myself with the structure and the types of questions. Yet, managed to score an overall 8.5 (with nothing below 8.0), just a sliver away from a perfect score.

But in the end it really depends on how good your English really is. That, or some hardcore revision with mock tests.