Harsh marking for geography P1

Angelina

I got my individual paper marks yesterday and one things that stands out the most is my level 2 in geography P1! I'm so confused as to how I managed to get such a low mark, when during the school year I'd been getting between 5-7. Level 2 is incredibly low and I'm starting to think that the examiner who marked my paper is having a laugh. I'm not remarking because I'm 7 marks off the next boundary but has this happened to anyone else? In another subject where they got an extremely low mark for a paper when you expected more?

• Like 1

Happened to me in a lot of subjects. Economics SL for example. I'm 9 marks from the next boundary there :/ but I know I deserve a 7 because I cross checked my answers everywhere. I don't know whether to send for remark or not. There is no transparency. So confused :(

• Like 1

I completely agree. After someone performs reasonably well for a couple of years, teachers expect stuff from you. And if you can't meet up to that, you have to face their 'completely disappointed in you' faces, and I myself feel incredibly angry at the examiner for God knows how he checked my paper. I know I deserve way more than that, but who'll explain that to the teachers. 

Take it from an Alum, it doesn't matter.

Qut worrying about your grade. If you still feel you were judged unfailry, send it for review. But then again don't forget. This is IB. **** happens. Good luck to y'all.

Edited by Guest

I completely agree. After someone performs reasonably well for a couple of years, teachers expect stuff from you. And if you can't meet up to that, you have to face their 'completely disappointed in you' faces, and I myself feel incredibly angry at the examiner for God knows how he checked my paper. I know I deserve way more than that, but who'll explain that to the teachers. 

i just fail all my exams at school so the teachers dont expect much from me

i do the same to my parents so my parents dont care much either

now i have no pressure, and can study easily for the finals without worrying a lot about what others think about me

i just fail all my exams at school so the teachers dont expect much from me

i do the same to my parents so my parents dont care much either

now i have no pressure, and can study easily for the finals without worrying a lot about what others think about me

I don't think I can afford that lavish lifestyle of having failed exams on my transcripts for grades 11 and 12 midterms, because I need high grades for college apps. Obviously we come from two very different families too, because my dad would probably take me out of IB if I were to constantly fail every exam. 

Teachers don't actually mind that much about your grades. Sure, they'll be happy if you get a good grade in something you care about, but I doubt they would really be angry at you for getting a bad grade. And if they are, who cares? It's your own grades, and you won't see them anymore: you're done with the IB! ;-)

• Like 1