class mixup and now im stuck with IB

vina.milk

okay guys, i desperatly need help! im in grade 10 and my name is lisa.

i want to switch out from IB to honors cause i originally registered for honors. But somehow, they put me into IB cause the other blocks in honors were full. I dont get how that works, but now im in IB and i don't think i am ready for it.

And i researched that you can only drop out of IB by second semester. But if i do that, will i still earn the credits i already have in IB?

My teachers have high standards! for instance, i read an english assignment written by someone from another school, and i rated it about a 4/5. But my teacher said that she rated it a 3/5. I didnt think it was that low!
additionaly, they use MYP terminology and i never did MYP, so i dont understand majority of what they are saying. I dont understand anything and to me, they speak oddly fast and work at a faster pace. (that's what to expect from IB right? D:)

to make things worse, im only like an 80-85% avg student. So how am i suppose to cope and do well?

please respond, i have no clue what to do and is bearing with the classes. My friends have it easy in honors.... ='[

that is an odd situation to be in, and IB isn't supposed to start unitl year 11.
well you can learn the terminology if you think you would like to contuinue with it because it isn't that hard.i think you could do ok with your average. and yes honors is WAY easier. soe schools IB is faster paced, and some it isn't, depends on the way it is taught.

nit if it isn't what you want to do, drop out. that is all i can say. IB isn't for everyone.

Yeah it is Pre Ib, well thats what the grade 11's said. I dont procrastinate at all, (eventually i do, only if theres too much going on!)
and i need to find out what the terminology is o.o They talk in a different language to me, and others nodd and i pretend to nod
and eventually end up asking my friends for help T^T

for instance, today at math, we were learning about geometric sequences and reviewing exponents
i thought it was pretty easy...
until he said something else and than divide, like i was writing down notes, and was writting stuff on the board, than he said and the answer is C^20
so i looked dumbfounded in class i had no clue what he did whatsoever -__________- gosh...
any techniques to catch up to speed?

and oh yeah, they sorta didnt let me out of preIB cause all the honors slots were full so now im stuck -_____-
tyhe only time they let you out at my school was
my friend, he switched out by getting his mom to pay 25$ for some reason..... so he only has science IB instead of all 4
i dont get why you pay to do that....

but anyways, thanks for your guys replies!!

Edited by vina.milk

[quote name='vina.milk' post='24662' date='Sep 18 2008, 10:19 PM']for instance, today at math, we were learning about geometric sequences and reviewing exponents
until he said something else and than divide, like i was writing down notes, and was writting stuff on the board, than he said and the answer is C^20
so i looked dumbfounded in class i had no clue what he did whatsoever -__________- gosh...
any techniques to catch up to speed?[/quote]
Don't be so intent on copying everything down. Listen and understand first. If worst comes to worst, you could always borrow a friend's notes after class. In year 10, our math teacher didn't allow us to write when he was teaching. :P Very effective, IMO, and probably one of the best math teachers I've had.

Oh, and go over the textbook when you're at home.

Edited by moneyfaery

[quote name='vina.milk' post='24662' date='Sep 19 2008, 02:19 AM']Yeah it is Pre Ib, well thats what the grade 11's said. I dont procrastinate at all, (eventually i do, only if theres too much going on!)
and i need to find out what the terminology is o.o They talk in a different language to me, and others nodd and i pretend to nod
and eventually end up asking my friends for help T^T

for instance, today at math, we were learning about geometric sequences and reviewing exponents
any techniques to catch up to speed?

and oh yeah, they sorta didnt let me out of preIB cause all the honors slots were full so now im stuck -_____-
tyhe only time they let you out at my school was
my friend, he switched out by getting his mom to pay 25$ for some reason..... so he only has science IB instead of all 4
i dont get why you pay to do that....

but anyways, thanks for your guys replies!![/quote]
That doesn't sound like a problem having anything to do with IB. It just sounds like you a) don't understand the teacher's way of teaching or b) don't understand the material covered in the class. None of what you've described is IB terminology.

Don't just nod if you don't understand, ask the teacher what it means. They're supposed to be there to help you.

Okay!!
i guess choices are, LISTEN VERY HARD
ask questions, and if no help from teachers available, ask ppl in my class
and hopefully, ill make friends with them too =D

anyways, thanks for the replies again!!
if i need more help, ill post it up, so please help me!! but by maybeee, if im fine, by october/november ill get used
to it!!
(i hope....) ehehehehh.... -___-''