General Diploma Question

flsweetheart422

Hello, I'm sure this is in IB Literature somewhere, but I was confused and having difficulty finding it.

What exactly are the requirements to get your IB Diploma (Excluding the EE, TOK, and CAS)?

Do we need to average a 4 on our HL exams, or do we need to pass all of our HL exams?

How does this work if you are HLing in 4 subjects?

What are the important point numbers when it comes to graduating? (24 vs 28?)

We had a discussion about this in HOA today, and none of us were sure and I couldn't find it in writing.

Thanks for your help.

I always thought you only need 24 points to get the diploma but recently people have told me otherwise and that you actually need 28.

I do know that you need 3 HL and 3 SL subjects (or you can take 4 HL and 2 SL), with a minimum of 12 points in your HLs (16 if you're taking 4 of them) and 9 in your SLs (6 if you're taking 2 SLs).

You can have no more than 3 level three's.

I always thought you only need 24 points to get the diploma but recently people have told me otherwise and that you actually need 28.

Our IB Coodinator gave us a nice talk today. :) It's basically, you need a minimum of 24 points for the diploma, but if you have between 24 and 28 points, there are other limiting factors that kick in.

Edit: Seems like these limiting factors apply if you have 28+ points as well, but you're less likely to be affected by them.

Edited by moneyfaery