How do I get CAS hours when I have no supervisor

Hi everyone, 

I want to use programming as my CAS project with the end goal to be a fully functioning mobile app or website. The problem that I have with this is that I'm unsure of how exactly I can prove the amount of time that I will be spending on the activity as I won't have someone to supervise me when I'm doing the work. 

In all the submission forms it says that a supervisor is required, is there any way to get around this, like show them another form of evidence of my work?

Also please let me know if there are other ways to show you've done CAS hours without a supervisor, for example if I go on a 10k run and I want to use it as my CAS hours. 

Any help is appreciated, Cheers

Your supervisor need not be present during all these hours––simply find a teacher at school or a professional to whom you could show your progress to and who would sign your hours. We were suggested to take a lot of pictures––every time you go volunteering, screenshot of RunKeeper/any similar activity tracking app for your runs, etc.

It's always best to ask your CAS coordinator (or if you don't have one, IB coordinator). CAS is different in schools, so our advice may not apply to you. 

• Like 2