Will ST pose any problems?

vitiu

Hi,

I am wondering if having Math Studies on my Diploma will pose any threat to my application to a better universities (like Cambridge, Oxford or UCL)?

I wish to study biology-oriented courses, but none of them has any mathematical examination as an obligatory requirement (for examples " and other Science or Mathematics on SL/HL").

Will it cause any sort of a problem for my application?

There was this girl in my school who took Maths Studies and still got into Oxford for Law. So ST wouldn't pose any problems as long as its not directly related to your chosen major.

Hope this helped!

Quite reassuring, but Law is not a scientific subject like Biology. Although, in my opinion, ST serves best for biologist due to statistical skills (let's be honest, biologist does not need calculus, but he needs statistics).

I thank you for your answers anyway :)

There was this girl in my school who took Maths Studies and still got into Oxford for Law. So ST wouldn't pose any problems as long as its not directly related to your chosen major.

Hope this helped!

Quite reassuring, but Law is not a scientific subject like Biology. Although, in my opinion, ST serves best for biologist due to statistical skills (let's be honest, biologist does not need calculus, but he needs statistics).

I thank you for your answers anyway :)

No worries, glad it helped!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am wondering if having Math Studies on my Diploma will pose any threat to my application to a better universities (like Cambridge, Oxford or UCL)?

I wish to study biology-oriented courses, but none of them has any mathematical examination as an obligatory requirement (for examples " and other Science or Mathematics on SL/HL").

Will it cause any sort of a problem for my application?

I don't know about that. I for one applied for Biochem, and the requirements listing was Chem HL 7 and another science or Maths HL at 6 or 7 (Don't quite remember). I was expecting my condition to come in as a 7 in HL Chem and a 7 in HL Bio. Turns out they were fine with Maths SL, but didn't need Bio at all. So I would suggest e-mailing the university and just asking.