How well does your physics teacher teach?

C_ara

I want to know how the IB physics teachers around the world are. Mine seems to be the most inexperienced teacher in the world, and that is only an overstatement. She skips parts of the book, asks us to study some of the more complicated parts by ourselves, makes formuls ten times more confusing than they already are and only reads over the book when she is teaching(her teaching method is to read the text of the book, skipping parts, sometimes addign extra parts and then complaining to our head coordinator).

My IB head coordinator seems to believe that we are the worst IB students she has ever had, and simply wont sit to hear us out, so before i start an argument, i want to get my facts straight.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being lowest and 10 the highest) what do you rate your physics teacher?

How does he or she teach in class?

Do they make any questions of their own when they take quizzes and exams or do they use ONLY the question bank(bringing the exact questions)?

dows your teacher go over every and ALL the concepts in the book, or do they skip parts that may be important?

Im sorry for how long this is and SOO thankful that i can atleast reach out here to try and get help.

- columba

i think it would be much more effective to compare your teacher to other teachers at your school because how my teacher won't change how your teacher teaches. also ask other students what they think about your teacher and go talk to your ib coordinator or the head of science and ask your parents to call the school to complain about the problem

i think it would be much more effective to compare your teacher to other teachers at your school because how my teacher won't change how your teacher teaches. also ask other students what they think about your teacher and go talk to your ib coordinator or the head of science and ask your parents to call the school to complain about the problem

Thank you!

Also regardless of how well or how poorly your teacher teaches, you still have to take the exam and pass it.  Your time might be better spent using online sources to augment the information you are getting (not getting) in class.  If at all possible, you may also wan to investigate getting a tutor to help you cover material you find challenging.

I do hope that you do well in your class!