Music HL: playing 2 instruments vs 1

pooh

I play violin and piano at LMus and AMus (diploma levels) and want to do Music HL. 

How does playing 2 instruments work in the solo performance assessment? Will I have to perform both instruments in 20 mins or will I get 40 mins instead? 

Also, would it be better for me to perform both instruments pretty well, compared to me really perfecting one of the instruments (i.e. the violin) and making the recital amazing?

Thank you for your help!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Hi pooh :)

I'm currently doing Music HL and I'm playing the piano.

The performance has to be twenty minutes for HL, regardless of which instruments you are playing. 

You can switch between instruments but it would be easier for you (and it is what most people do) to only play one instrument.

That means that it would be better to play the violin perfectly than playing both intruments "only" well. In general, what the IB looks for, is not that you play on a high standard, but that you play it right and also that you show a variety of different styles. For example, I am doing different Western Classical pieces, but also Jazz and a modern, Brasilian folkmusic influenced one.  

I hope I could help you with that ^_^