English paper English B 2 writing tips

HI, I know it might not be a popular question but I don't know how to impress my English teacher in the summer exam in paper 2. I mean, my teacher is akin to perfectionist and she is really mean when it comes to marking our writing, even though we are just in English B HL, and our English is quite good. No one in our class got more than a 6.....

Therefore, I need to think of something sparkling to impress my teacher, Do you guys have any ideas ? I mean, what elements do you think is rather important for a good piece of writing ? Any writing style or phrases or word usages that you are fond of, and make you writing more impressive?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by qweewqqwe

Gazooks -- Don't do it for your teacher.  :no:

For perfectionists, nothing will ever be good enough. You understand this, right? .. 

Instead of chasing chimera,why not spend that time learning from those well-written, high-scoring assignments. Do it all for yourself and for your own education. You'll gain much more that way, in the long run, for sure.  :v:

Edited by Blackcurrant

Do past papers, write commentaries on the type of texts that come up in paper two and then send them to someone who does English A to mark them and give you feedback. Feel free to send me any commenatries, or text types which you do for English B, i'll gladly give you feedback on it. Strive to be better, great atitude. Keep it up. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also taking English B HL although my English is good.

The things that my teacher emphasize the most are good diction choices and the use of idioms. For example, 'myopic view point' 'elephant in the room' 'fish out of water' etc.

Check the mark scheme because it does help a lot. Ask your teacher what she expects in a good writing. Read various text types such as feature articles, interview, diary entry and try to apply the characteristics of those text types into your own writing.

I hope this helped!

Edited by ebu