How is the final grade percentage calculated?

vals

Let's say I scored 30/90 points on P1

Some 25/90 on P2

And my IA was incredibly bad (mainly because my teacher couldn't care less if we fail or not, so he just accepted anything we handed him in and didn't even give us feedback). Points ranging from 1/20 to 5/20.

Would my final percentage be calculated like this:
5/20*20 + 30/90*40 + 25/90*40

That'd be

5 + 13,3 + 11,1 = 29,4

Thanks!

Edited by vals

Let's say I scored 30/90 points on P1

Some 25/90 on P2

And my IA was incredibly bad (mainly because my teacher couldn't care less if we fail or not, so he just accepted anything we handed him in and didn't even give us feedback). Points ranging from 1/20 to 5/20.

Would my final percentage be calculated like this:

5/20*20 + 30/90*40 + 25/90*40

That'd be

5 + 13,3 + 11,1 = 29,4

Thanks!

If the weight ratio of all parts is 20:40:40 (as it probably is, I can't remember), then that's precisely how your grade is calculated.

Hi, use this site, it's helpful: http://apps.mercer.edu/registrarcalc/weightedaverage.html

I calculated it for you, and that's 25% overall (considering you got 5 points in the IA)

Paper 1 is worth 40%, Paper 2 is worth 40% and the IA is worth 20% of the overall grade.

I'm pretty sure it works out as 29.4% overall.... what values did you put in "Assignment Grade"?

Hi, use this site, it's helpful: http://apps.mercer.edu/registrarcalc/weightedaverage.html

I calculated it for you, and that's 25% overall (considering you got 5 points in the IA)

Paper 1 is worth 40%, Paper 2 is worth 40% and the IA is worth 20% of the overall grade.

I'm pretty sure it works out as 29.4% overall.... what values did you put in "Assignment Grade"?

Oh, apologies. You're right. I double-checked. I must've entered something wrong on the keyboard. :) soz haha