Help me with subject choices

gunce

HEY every1,,

this is my first year on IB.

well im so confused about gettin BIO , PSYCH OR DRAMA HL???

right now im gettin bio HL but it seems prettyy though. so im considerinng changing it.

what would you recommend??

Edited by gunce

If you read this thread http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?...ic=3535&hl= , you will see what I wrote about taking Theatre Arts. What the person above said is true as well, they won't accept you for medicine and perhaps not for other highly competitive areas.

Physics HL is very hard, only take it if you want to be an engineer or something similar. The smartest people in my school last year took it, and 1 now attends MIT, but they only managed 5's. It can bring down your final total a lot.

Biology Hl, on the other hand, does require work but is manageable. Many people from my school take it and it is better academically than Drama and easier to get a 6 or 7 in than Physics.

Hope this helps.

If you are wondering which subject to choose fomr the three that you listed then:

1) What do you want to major in?

2)Drama wouldn't really benefit unless you do study the arts in university.

3) Psychology is always good cause it can be used in various fields.

4) Biology is not difficult unless you really give it some time.

I study both Pysch and Bio at HL and none of them are difficult to be honest because I believe that they are the kind of subjects where you just need to feed the facts. Yes, even in the HL course.

Psych HL has more mathematics stuff such as methodology but just basics, so if you hate maths then Bio has the upperhand here.

Over all, if you are not sure what you want to major in then I would say choose Psychology because as I mentioned earlier, it has broader range than the other 2 subjects. If you want to major in medicine, then of course, you should choose Bio.

Hope that helped ^^

HEY every1,,

this is my first year on IB.

well im so confused about gettin BIO , PSYCH OR DRAMA HL???

right now im gettin bio HL but it seems prettyy though. so im considerinng changing it.

what would you recommend??

well all i can give you is my experience;

i basicly took what i was interested in, all in all it came out mostly business majored thus thats what im gona do. but ill just give you my 2 cents on all eh?

Math HL:Well, i would argue that you do need a brain of a mathematician to really do this all but thenagain i cannot say any of the people in our class think that this teacher is any good, jumping chapters etc etc. makes us work hard. So if you like math, like a challenge. this is where you wanna go.

Economics HL: its all good all in all. i thought i'd be business based, but not after a year im getting the feeling its more like politics really. a good match with Business and management if you want to do that

Business and management HL: Interesting as anything to me. really a blast learning about this stuff. if you want to be a business 'leader' in the future this is the way to go.

Biology SL: well this was the only one of my subjects i took because i had to. had to be a science and thus i took biology. Really not for me but pretty easy to pass if you put your head to it.

English A1 SL: just something you have to do for me.

Finnish A1 SL: totally irrelevant to you in my opinion so ill not rant on about it

• 1 month later...

Just remember, choose subjects that you are interested in and will hopefully ( at the same time ) get you entrance to a university degree that you like.

Say if you wish to do the Arts. ie. performance etc etc then take drama!

If you wish to do medicine, biomedicine, medical science, biology, lab science, immunology, cell biology.. etc etc then you ahve to take biology and i will say chemistry too

You can basically take Psychology for anything.

So just go with your heart.