ITGS or Eco?

Guest kevnkantono

Guest kevnkantono

guys....

i'm really stuck on selecting the subject , i'm looking forward to take finance in the future but i realized that it would help increasing my IB points would guys help me, should i choose ECO or ITGS?

well from what I know in my school, a 7 in ITGS is almost close to impossible. I think it's because there is less actual taught material as much as critical thinking and analysis skills you have to have. and I think like only 2% of all ITGS students achieve a 7... I don't know about econ, but if you want to do finance I think econ would help more at uni...

The paradox of ITGS is that while everyone I know who took it said it was an easy subject, hardly anyone ever gets a 7 in it especially at HL. I would, as well, recommend doing Econ which is more interesting than ITGS anyway. Econ at least is a bit closer to finance than ITGS in terms of relevance and Econ is also looked on more favourably at uni. :punish:

if our school had eco, I would have taken that instead of itgs. It's not a pure computer course where you learn mainly about social impact and ethics. You don't get really deep into the software program. However, I'm glad i didn't have to take history :D . ITGS is a nice course to slack off in.

• 2 weeks later...
guys....

i'm really stuck on selecting the subject , i'm looking forward to take finance in the future but i realized that it would help increasing my IB points would guys help me, should i choose ECO or ITGS?

i have taken econ sl...it's a really interesting course...i would definitely recommend anyone to take it...if you are sitting between a group of people, whatever you are talking can be related to econ...this isn't a joke, it's just that econ is a very practical course in which you learn lots of useful things...even if you were going into engineering, i would still recommend you to take it because it makes a difference when you know economics rather than ITGS (which i heard is a pretty boring course...no offense to anyone though)

• 4 weeks later...

i think it depends on your school, or ITGS program is kind of .. well .. easy at my school, and not really something i want to do, since i know all the stuff they're trying to teach the kids, i would ask the older generation from both views, and just compare them out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fierybabe14

IT is really easy compared to Eco, Eco is a lot more work remembering concepts, but I would still go with Eco because its more common to get a better mark in Eco

Well, for your future studies, I'd say Eco is wiser.. Most universities see eco as a positive thing (certainly not as a negative thing), whereas for example Cambridge doesn't like ITGS too much, it's in a list of subjects from which students should only pick one in the IB. (In addition to Visual Arts, Theatre, etc.)

my school only has Econ!! Can someone please explain to me what ITGS is?

information technology in a global society.

It's like computer studies or "IT" but more of the social aspect of it. You have to constantly talk about pros and cons of technologies blah blah blah it's boring basically... well I thought it was :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mr_whatsisname

i believe that itgs is more interesting than economics... but it all depends on your future plans... itgs is a course that is based on a little bit o IT knowledge, a lot of logic, and even more critical thinking and the ability to be open minded... it is true that a very low percentage of the ITGS students do get a 7 but I am the first in my school to ever get a predection of 7 in itgs and i hope that i wont prove them wrong :wub:

but because you are going for a finance course later on...i would probably chose eco...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest whatever

i take both subjects and i would go 100% with ITGS

It is easier , funner ,deals wth things around your world .You simply don't have to memorise graphs , theories and all . You just have to use your brain and answer .

Choose ITGS .. it deals with our world today and you can easily do good and enjoy it at the same time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...