Minimum CAS hours in IB1?

Not officially, no. The only official requirement is 150 hours total. But your school might want you to have a certain hours in IB1, so I'd check with your CAS coordinator ^_^

The IB doesn't go by hours anymore. 

Lovelife: I am pretty sure you are doing fine with CAS. For us, we must have at least 3 activities completely done and reflected for this year. :-) 

Not officially, no. The only official requirement is 150 hours total. But your school might want you to have a certain hours in IB1, so I'd check with your CAS coordinator ^_^

Lovelife: I am pretty sure you are doing fine with CAS. For us, we must have at least 3 activities completely done and reflected for this year. :-) 

Interesting :P Well, then my advise was pretty much useless. Anyhow, I think your coordinator would tell you if you need to do more - at least that's what mine would do. ^_^

Edited by Sofia.

Interesting :P Well, then my advise was pretty much useless. Anyhow, I think your coordinator would tell you if you need to do more - at least that's what mine would do. ^_^

Noticeably Absent, the IB still does go by hours. As of the latest CAS guide released by the IBO, we need to fulfil 150 hours by the end of the programme. It's true though that there is LESS emphasis on how it should be divided (Ideally, it would be 50, 50, 50, but it can now be 60, 50, 40) and about counting hours (since there's now eight outcomes that need to be fulfilled and there's more emphasis on reflections).

But Sofia was correct, the minimum requirement is 150 hours total. The school might have internal deadlines on whether how many hours need to be completed by the end of IB1.

Noticeably Absent, the IB still does go by hours. As of the latest CAS guide released by the IBO, we need to fulfil 150 hours by the end of the programme. It's true though that there is LESS emphasis on how it should be divided (Ideally, it would be 50, 50, 50, but it can now be 60, 50, 40) and about counting hours (since there's now eight outcomes that need to be fulfilled and there's more emphasis on reflections).

But Sofia was correct, the minimum requirement is 150 hours total. The school might have internal deadlines on whether how many hours need to be completed by the end of IB1.

Not necessarily.  :P  Yes, the IB is still built on the foundation of 150 hours, but what is more favored now is your fulfill of the 8 learning outcomes. They changed it, because they want to put emphasis on how you develop throughout your CAS, and not so much anymore how many hours of CAS you do. Therefore, without the 150 hours as a boundary, they have set that they want to see 6 activities, and 2 larger projects over the 2 years.  ;)  

Not necessarily.  :P  Yes, the IB is still built on the foundation of 150 hours, but what is more favored now is your fulfill of the 8 learning outcomes. They changed it, because they want to put emphasis on how you develop throughout your CAS, and not so much anymore how many hours of CAS you do, you're right.  Therefore, without the 150 hours as a boundary, they have set that they want to see 6 activities, and 2 larger projects over the 2 years.  ;)  At least, that is how much they have changed it at my school. I notice that others may differ now since it is not universal ?  :blink:  :ninja:

Edited by Noticeably Absent

Not necessarily.  :P  Yes, the IB is still built on the foundation of 150 hours, but what is more favored now is your fulfill of the 8 learning outcomes. They changed it, because they want to put emphasis on how you develop throughout your CAS, and not so much anymore how many hours of CAS you do. Therefore, without the 150 hours as a boundary, they have set that they want to see 6 activities, and 2 larger projects over the 2 years.  ;)  

You are right with the learning outcomes thing. But regarding the projects, I'm pretty sure the only want one project (that is, an activity that combines two or more of the CAS components and lasts for three months at least), as of the guide. Maybe your school has its own rules to make sure that you have at least one valid project, but the IB only needs one actually, as of the guide.

You are right with the learning outcomes thing. But regarding the projects, I'm pretty sure the only want one project (that is, an activity that combines two or more of the CAS components and lasts for three months at least), as of the guide. Maybe your school has its own rules to make sure that you have at least one valid project, but the IB only needs one actually, as of the guide.

Okay. But yes, our school requires 1-2 larger projects (preferably 2 - they want everyone to do 2). 

• 3 weeks later...