Extracurriculars that demonstrate leadership?

Oh, haha, didn't read it that way!

Maybe teach a class, in that sense, you will entertain the leadership of children. :-)

Good idea, however, I don't know what I would teach the children :D

I don't know if this is the kind of stuff you are looking for, but I feel some of the things I am currently doing are somewhat leadership-y.

1) Coaching a 9-a-side football team of 10-11 year olds (we are currently winning the league btw :P )

2) Going on a trip with 21 other students to go to a poor and removed region in a south-east asian country where we will help building an orphanage & school for 2 weeks and then also do 'active stuff' (hiking with only our backpacks for a week, travelling the country, camping, exploring the culture, etc. for another week) where I will manage our financial situation (i.e.. managing several thousands of $$$ in local currency for about 20 people for approx. 5 weeks... sounds kind of daunting to be honest :/)

Good luck :)

(Edit: Also vice-president of our school's debate team. i think being the president of something or initiating a club/ project of some sort shows leadership, dedication, etc.)

I like the trip-idea, I should totally do something similar next year after the exams with my friends :)

Some of the things I'm doing/have done that are a little leadership-y

• Student Librarian
  • Co-leader of a book club
  • Co-leader of the school student-led magazine, Pandora
  • Prefect team
  • Teaching Migrant School students science (weekly workshop)
  • World Scholar's Cup
  • Mock-trial club
  • International Award/Duke of Edinburgh award

I hope this will help you. Start a club! :D My friend started an art club called Performance Art, basically they do some street performances in our school at lunchtimes. They basically painted themselves the color of sofas and slept in armchairs/floor in a public area for most of lunch.  :)

Some of the things I'm doing/have done that are a little leadership-y

• Student Librarian
  • Co-leader of a book club
  • Co-leader of the school student-led magazine, Pandora
  • Prefect team
  • Teaching Migrant School students science (weekly workshop)
  • World Scholar's Cup
  • Mock-trial club
  • International Award/Duke of Edinburgh award

I hope this will help you. Start a club! :D My friend started an art club called Performance Art, basically they do some street performances in our school at lunchtimes. They basically painted themselves the color of sofas and slept in armchairs/floor in a public area for most of lunch.  :)

At my school, we teach several elementary schools, Bio classes, simplified at their level :-) It is really nice.

Thanks for the ideas! Anyone who can contribute with more? :D

MUN - model united nations

Looks interesting! I will email them tomorrow. There is however a problem, the Finnish MUN is located in Helsinki and I live 500km away from Helsinki and plane tickets back and forth are ~100euros.. 

You could start an in-school club! It always works 

I could do that, the problem is: I have no idea whatsoever what club I could start.. 

Looks interesting! I will email them tomorrow. There is however a problem, the Finnish MUN is located in Helsinki and I live 500km away from Helsinki and plane tickets back and forth are ~100euros.. 

Not sure if you could do this in your school, but like in my school (and probably other schools in Swede) I could ask my CAS coordinator for some funding because they have some budget stored that could be used for some activities. 

Not sure if you could do this in your school, but like in my school (and probably other schools in Swede) I could ask my CAS coordinator for some funding because they have some budget stored that could be used for some activities. 

Yeah, your school should have like a budget for CAS activities and for MUN, they will most likely fund your tickets or your MUN entry tickets. 

And MUN is super, super amazing, you should definitely consider it, despite the travel costs - great initiative in leadership! ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, your school should have like a budget for CAS activities and for MUN, they will most likely fund your tickets or your MUN entry tickets. 

And MUN is super, super amazing, you should definitely consider it, despite the travel costs - great initiative in leadership! ;)

I emailed them today. But they had written something about only allowing university students for the Finnish MUN, but I wrote in my sign-up email that I'm an IB student and they haven't responded yet. 

But I've seen/heard about a lot of IBS members who are active in their local MUNs so I guess FinMUN won't be any different anyway , at least I hope so :)

And for the cost, I would guess our school doesn't have a fund for CAS (my school has had IB for over 20 years but still only 60 students combined IB1 and IB2). But my family is pretty well off so going to a few MUNs won't be a financial burden in that sense, and trains & bus tickets are a lot cheaper :)

• 1 month later...