ART EXTENDED ESSAY (Help / Question approval)

Julian Cruz

Hey Guys.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question and try to help me decide on an extended essay question.

So my original idea was to talk about mannerism. I wanted to talk about Fernando botero as he is colombian like me and how his art has changed the way beauty is seen. I thought on maybe also talking about some european artist and the way the use mannerism such as parmigianino but Im not sure :/ 

Ive been triying to formulate a question but my english is not very good and I cant really come up with a good one.... Ive so far had something like : What were the effects and how did the use of mannerism by the Colombian artist Fernando Botero compared to the Italian painter Girolamo Francesco create a change on society on the way beauty is portrayed and seen

But Im not happy with it :/ 

So I was hopping I could get some advices and ideas on how to improve my question.

Im really aiming for atleast a B :/ so I really need the question to be good.

Thank again for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for your help.

Julian Cruz

Edited by Julian Cruz

well, I'll be honest and tell you that I don't take art, and I don't know much about it. However, for the question, I don't think we are allowed to make it for you. 

Some general advice though:

a) From your question, the scope may be a bit broad. I don't know when the artists were working, so I can't comment, but it seems that comparing all the social factors could be a problem. 

b) Maybe you could make it a "to what extent" question. Like talk about who had a greater role?

c) If you want to compare the two artists, maybe pick one aspect of beauty and talk about it? I don't know if thats possible, just shooting in the dark.

Hoped I helped you man. If I sound like a rattling wackjob, it's simply because I don't know about art, and am simply going by what I could make out from you question

Hey King :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question and for helping me.

I understand what you mean, the idea of manerism is diforming the human body and turning baroque pieces into something no so perfect so that why I thought I could talk about the effect in has on society.. But I dont know :/ I just dont think I can write 4000 words on this that why Im hoping for some ideas on maybe things I could add to the question to make it more interesting..

Ill make sure I change the wording and start it with "To what extend" thanks for the advice. :)

I know you cant tell me a question but maybe if you or someone has some ideas on how to narrow my question but at the same time make it more interesting I would be very gratefull to hear you :)

Sorry for my english, I know is not the best but I hope you guys will understand what I mean.

Thanks again