anonymous

Hey guys, I was thinking about doing the full IB program next year, and I want to go to UBC sciences or applied biology after I graduate.

Do you guys know if UBC offers scholarships for IB?

Can I also apply for regular curriculum scholarships if I'm doing IB? ( I live in BC, Canada) 

also, approximately what score do you think I need to get to get into ubc? I know it's really competitive and I don't want doing IB to ruin my chances to get in, since I'm a 95% student.

Also, do you think maybe doing IB Certificate, (only IB sciences) could ruin or help me get into UBC?

Yeah you can also apply for regular curriculum scholarships I believe if you have to do two curriculums (I have to do both regular curriculum and IB curriculum where I live). However, I'm not 100% sure, so it's best to ask your counsellor or teachers. I don't know if there are any scholarships for IB specifically, but know that they give out major entrance scholarships and you are automatically eligible for one if you apply before a certain deadline. There is also the Schulich leader scholarships. http://you.ubc.ca/tuition-scholarships/canadian-scholarships/

I heard UBC sciences is super competitive so yeah, try to maintain at least a 92ish average if you can and even then, competition is still pretty intense. Try to keep marks in each subject consistent with each other because depending on the faculty you're going into, they weigh certain subjects higher than others (one of these subjects being English). There is also the personal profile so it isn't just about your marks. Get more involved in things you're really passionate in and try new things as well (they apparently weigh the profile the same as your marks). In addition, build some references because you need two references for your UBC personal profile. Doing only partial IB won't ruin your chances I believe. I think that as long as you have the marks and show that you have interests outside of academics, you'll be ok. 

Edited by ShootingStar16