Physics - Where to begin?

UnderstandingScience

The best way to study and learn physics is largely dependent on how you learn! There's no set rules or guidelines that you have to do. As an example, when I was taking physics courses in uni this is what worked best for me:

The best way to study was to do lots of practice problems, either from the textbook or from class worksheets. I used many different websites in order to get a better understanding, but I believe Khan Academy has some for physics. For me, I find something explained to me easier than trying to figure it out on my own.

If you have a test this week, your best bet would be to figure out what's going to be on it, study the basic principles behind it, and then work practice problems until you're confident with the material.

In my case, I know the syllabus by heart and I download the mark schemes that way you know how your teacher is expecting your to answer. I good tactic is to grab all your quizzes (especially if your failed them) and correct them yourself with a pink or red pen. That way your corrections are "dramatic" and you know what are you struggling with. As well, study a week before your test, not a day after. I you study with time your brain has a more acute form of absorbing the information and the day before you take a good nap and revise very quickly your notes and notebook. And don't forget, get a GOOD night sleep. We all know we can't function without sleeping....or at least I can't. You can also ask your teacher to send you a brief workshop tu study. Also a pro of studying with time, you can approach your teacher about any doubt you have. 

Good Luck.  :)