CAS ideas?

Hi,

Now I have at least 120 hours of CAS to finish and I am trying to do most of them this year so I would have more time to study next year.

For service, I started couching an american football team of some classmates and have around 9 hours left and helping some nine graders with their lessons and homework. 

For creativity, I am learning Greek

But still there are two Action and one Creativity missing that I can't find any ideas for them.

Note: I need at least 20 hours in each one of them.

So any ideas?

Thanks.

you can apply creativity to your service depending in the way you teach them. 

you can say that you used creativity to show the kids a better way to learn how to do their homework or something. 

Other things that you can do is create an event in your school or outside (doesn't matter) and say that your creativity was to come up with the idea of the event, how you where going to get the event done. The good part of doing the event is that it also counts for action and service so you have the 3 things together. The time invested in it depends on you and if you want to get it over with just use 20 hours of your time in it and make the event happen, after that you won't have to do C.A.S anymore

You could play an instrument at like a battle of the bands kind of event, thats for creativity. Maybe write a story or something for a magazine in school? For Action, play a sport? or go on an organised hike or something along those lines? that should get a lot of hours, (at least it does at my school).

Just a couple of ideas, ill update when i get more.

Hope I helped

What I did for action was cross country + gym sessions. I'm not sure how you coach the american football team, but if you sweat/have some running going on, you can always use that as an Integrated Project (Action + Service). Or, as the others have said, joining a school team is great for action as you can include the hours training and the hours when you take part in a tournament.

For creativity, you can write articles, play an instrument, debate, emcee for an event, take part in a musical- actually, if you have to prepare lessons beforehand for your tutoring sessions, those can go under creativity as well :)

I found a forum on this site that talks about CAS activities, and if you scroll to yucia's response, she gives a list of potential CAS activities. Here's the link which will hopefully help you: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/523-what-are-your-cas-activities/page-21

However, make sure to run through your activities with your CAS coordinator, as different schools have different rules for CAS.

Good luck! :)

Edited by avalinelegato

• 4 weeks later...

Um, our curriculum doesn't have hours anymore, did you know? You just have to be consistent––or does your school have different rules?

I do photography and study photo editing independently as Creativity––also, I do creative writing. Try to find things you'd like to do outside of school, or skills you'd like to have, and do that as CAS. Then you'll both be productive and do stuff you like and/or want. :)

• 1 month later...