University of Toronto, Mcgill, Waterloo grants

f(x)

Hi, I am going to start my IB next year, but even now I am concerned about what universities should I get into. My problem is that I don't know if the above listed universities are giving half fee or even better full fee grants for international ib students. What subjects should I take and how much should I score on them if I want to study something from the following courses: Engineering Science (at UofT), Materials science, Chemistry, Physics, Electrical Engineering and get half or full fee grant? Is it necessary to take English A by the way?Because I will feel better If i choose Chem HL, Math HL, Physics HL, German SL, English B, Economics SL.

I don't know anything about grants for the unis you've mentioned, but it should be stated on their websites, so check out those first :P

For the courses you've mentioned, your choices sound fine - although I hope you're aware that physics+chem+maths HL is one of the harder combinations you can take in the IB. Not impossible, of course, but a lot of work. As to what grades the unis would want you to have, that should also be listed on their websites. 

Whether you need English A should - surprise surprise - also be found on their websites, but probably not. You might need to take a language test, such as TOEFL, for admissions though. 

I can actually only recommend to take Eng on A, especially if you have plans on studying abroad. But this is only if you can manage to do English A as it is hard.  English B HL is not bad, but trust me, there's a big, big difference when the universities see on your diploma whether your have English B or English A.

As far as I know, Canadian schools don't give a lot of scholarships (let alone grants) to international students at the undergrad level. I believe the maximum merit scholarship at UofToronto is $5000 off of your 40K tuition.  

Per year? Or is that the maximum entrance scholarship an international student can get? 

As far as I know, Canadian schools don't give a lot of scholarships (let alone grants) to international students at the undergrad level. I believe the maximum merit scholarship at UofToronto is $5000 off of your 40K tuition.  

Per year? Or is that the maximum entrance scholarship an international student can get? 

Sorry, to clarify, I meant maximum entrance scholarship that is solely based on grades (may only apply to the engineering department). You may be eligible for other scholarships based on your extra-curriculars or you can apply to other external scholarships.